Click here to download the Florida State Junior Thespian Official Rulebook.
Guidelines for Florida State Junior Thespian Mainstage
1. Troupes applying for Mainstage must have attended the last two Junior State Thespian
festivals; the director must have attended at least one festival in the last two years.
2. Performances must be scheduled within the screening period of September 15th, 2017
and November 15th, 2017. No productions will be screened after November 15th, 2017.
3. Your application must be submitted at least thirty days prior to your scheduled
performance and NO LATER than September 1st, 2017.
4. You must schedule at least two performances and one of them must be on a Friday or
5. Tickets for adjudicators must be held and seats reserved for them. Please plan to hold
at least two tickets per adjudicator screening your production. They may wish to bring a
6. Programs must be provided to the adjudicators.
7. The troupe director MUST provide a telephone number for a phone they will have
access to on the day/evening of the performance being adjudicated. Should the
adjudicator have any issues, we MUST be able to reach you.
8. If selected, your production must include the same script, cast, costumes, and set that
was screened at your home venue.
9. If requested, you will provide production photos to be submitted digitally for use at the
Mainstage selection meeting.
10. The run time of the performance may not exceed two hours including intermission. If
you are presenting a cutting of a full-length play, you must include—with your
application—written permission from the playwright or licensing company.
11. If selected, the Mainstage will load their production into the Orange County Convention
Center’s Chapin Theatre prior to the start of one-act performances on Friday, February
2nd, 2018. The troupe will be able to tech their production in the venue from 3:30pm to
6:30pm prior to a 7:00pm performance on the Chapin Theatre stage.
12. The application fee is $500.00. If your Mainstage is selected to perform, your
application fee will be refunded in an effort to help defray costs required to travel your
production to the State festival.
13. If selected, you will be informed of the committee’s decision following the selection
meeting on November 19th, 2017. Your adjudicator responses will be sent to you
14. All questions, concerns, and requested supporting material should be directed to the
Florida State Junior Thespian Festival Mainstage Coordinator, Matthew MacDermid, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright 2016 Florida State Thespians | Web master, Johnathan Gust.